Below are the provisional dates and topics for upcoming UK Network events.
For further information about upcoming events, or if you are interested in registering for an event, please contact the Secretariat.
Outreach Event: Architects for a Better World
10 December 2013
Hosted by RICS
Hosted by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Earlier this year at the UN Global Compact Leaders Summit, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon unveiled the UNGC’s Post-2015 Business Engagement Architecture. It is designed to encourage businesses to keep putting responsible business practices and sustainability objectives at the heart of their business strategies and to invite organisations, initiatives and networks working to engage business on sustainable development to join forces to promote and support corporate commitments and actions that advance UN goals.
Collaboration and commitment are at the core of the new architecture.
At this event, key stakeholders of the Business Architecture – companies, investors, government, and civil society – will share insights and inspiring examples of innovative partnerships for development that support the UN’s agenda.
- Rt Hon. Justine Greening MP, UK Secretary of State for International Development
- Jon Pender, Vice President, IP & Access, Global Health, GSK
- Dominic Vergine, Director of Sustainable Development, ARM plc
- Nicky Black, Head of Social Performance, De Beers
- Ursula Hartenburger, Global Head of Sustainability, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
Supply Chain Series Event: Enabling Sustainable Practices in Supply Chains
Hosted by Sedex
17 Jan 2014 tbc
To register your interest, please contact the Secretariat.