Cultivating the next generation of changemakers
The Young SDG Innovators Programme (YSIP) activates future business leaders and changemakers and challenges them to rethink traditional business models and unlock new business opportunities.YSIP is an SDG business solutions accelerator programme for young professionals in participating Global Compact companies.
Teams of young professionals, called Innovators, work together under the guidance of mentors and facilitators, to identify opportunities and develop solutions that are relevant to their companies but have broader application towards innovation for the SDGs. The 10-month programme includes a mix of in-person activities, such as training workshops, live case studies, group exercises and challenges, as well as self-guided online learning.
During this nine-month accelerator programme, select young professionals (“Innovators”) from UN Global Compact participating companies will:
• Connect to entrepreneurial young professionals from around the world to leverage the Sustainable Development Goals as a catalyst for the development of new products and services relevant to their business.
• Collaborate with thought leaders in a series of team exercises and interactive learning opportunities involving real-world challenges, peer feedback and sparring, and mentoring and coaching.
• Build organisational learning skills that will enable employees across different functions to develop innovative solutions to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals through new technologies, initiatives, and business models.
The programme is delivered through five innovation camps. Each two-day training and activity camp allows the Innovators to interact with different company teams in the UK to exchange ideas, learn from innovation experts, participate in team exercises, and practically apply the tools and training they receive towards the solution they are building for their company.
The innovation camps are structured around:
- Onboarding and challenge identification
- Challenge definition
- Solutions development
- Solutions testing and validation
Innovators also benefit from live case studies, guest speakers, self-guided learning opportunities, and global summits that provide the teams with an opportunity to meet and share experiences with participants from across the world.
Invest in the Next Generation of Innovators
The Young SDG Innovators Programme is designed to engage your company’s brightest and best talent in not only advancing your sustainability efforts but driving innovation and delivering tangible solutions with potential market value for your company.
• Learning and development resources. A comprehensive curriculum with a blend of learning opportunities including online and in-person workshops, case studies, company visits and forum discussions.
• Professional experience. Connect with other business units and collaborate on innovative projects relative to the company and industry.
• Coaching, mentoring, and peer-to-peer networking opportunities. Build working relationships and learn from some of the brightest minds working on sustainability and innovation from around the world.
• Be part of a global network of leading young professionals from some of the top companies across every continent.
•Accelerate integration of the SDGs into your company’s business strategy through collaboration, innovation, and knowledge sharing.
• Create a culture of innovation to deliver the SDGs and showcase the programme’s tangible outputs and results.
• Increase employee engagement and professional development opportunities for valued talent, including:
- High-quality, cutting-edge, and inspirational workshops from thought-leaders in the sustainability and disruptive technology fields.
- Opportunities to provide mentorship and leadership in the programme, collaborate with innovation experts, and share best practices.
- Tools, resources, and expertise by some of the leading innovative companies.
• Gain global recognition for participation in the programme.
- High-performing employees at a participating company of the UN Global Compact
- 35 years or younger
- Interest in business innovations, sustainability, and disruptive technologies
• Call for nominations: Opening Soon!
£1500 for first 2 innovators
£750 for 3rd innovator
£500 for 4th innovator