Climate Action Programme Manager
The UN Global Compact Network UK is part of the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest responsible business initiative. We connect UK companies and other organisations to a global movement dedicated to driving sustainable growth. We promote practical sustainability leadership, share knowledge across sectors, and shape the business environment to create a world we want to live and do business in.
The UN Global Compact’s Ten Principles, rooted in UN treaties, provide a robust foundation from which we lead UK business action on the Global Goals, also called the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our mission is to turn global momentum on sustainability into practical local action.
Our strategic plan has three pillars:
- Inspiring business ambition to deliver the Global Goals
- Enabling practical action for sustainable business growth
- Shaping a responsible business environment
The UN Global Compact Network UK is recruiting a Programme Manager to lead its work driving corporate action on climate change. This position is a great opportunity for individuals wanting to pursue a career in the field of corporate responsibility and sustainable development.
Please note that while this role is within the UN Global Compact Network UK Secretariat, the successful candidate will not be formally employed by the United Nations.
The Programme Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and will be supported by a Project Manager and a Project Coordinator/Intern.
- designing and implementing a programme of activity to engage Network members in climate-related action;
- leading Network participation at COP26;
- liaising with the UK Government, UN, and other stakeholders on climate change issues
The UN Global Compact Network UK has a very broad remit, but the Network Secretariat team is small, so the Climate Action Programme Manager may be required to support other activities from time to time.
- A demonstrable knowledge of climate change issues, the UN Global Compact, and the responsible business agenda more generally;
- Experience of managing successful projects;
- Strong strategic thinking; ability to lead a small team; sound communication skills (both written and oral);
- Ability to initiate partnerships and maintain positive relations with Network members and other stakeholders;
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Experience of using MS Office applications.