Join us as we step up to transformative change and unlock business value, build resilience, and enable long-term growth.
09 September – 27 October
Inspired by the UN Race to Zero campaign, this nine-part, sector-specific series will enable practical action by equipping companies with tools and resources to achieve net zero by 2050. The sessions will feature guest presentations, company case studies, and Q&A for a deep-dive into these topics.
- Finance - 9 September, 11:00 -12:15 BST;
- IT - 16 September, 10:00 - 11:15 BST;
- Built Environment - 23 September, 10:00 - 11:15 BST;
- Energy & Utilities - 28 September, 10:00 - 11:15 BST;
- Extractives - 6 October, 10:00 - 11:15 BST;
- Retail - 12 October, 10:00 - 11:15 BST;
- Manufacturing - 14 October, 10:00 - 11:15 BST;
- Professional Services - October, 10:00 - 11:15 BST;
- Transport - 27 October, 10:00 - 11:15 BST.
13 September, 14:00-16:00 BST
Join us for an informative afternoon training session covering essential aspects of producing a Communication on Progress (COP) report, a requirement for all business participants of the UN Global Compact. By attending this session, you will:
*Learn how to draft a compliant COP while effectively communicating with your stakeholders;
*Get a better understanding of how to report on the UN Global Compact issue areas by looking at case studies of best practice COPs;
*Meet your peers and share with them ideas, challenges, and experiences.
This workshop is designed for business members who are new to the UN Global Compact reporting requirements and will have direct responsibility to produce and submit a COP.
For more information, please contact our Operations Manager, Caterina Agnoletti.
15 September, 22 September, 13 October
Ahead of COP26, the UN Global Compact Network UK is hosting this event series featuring interactive, action-oriented sessions to support your company in building resilience to climate risk:
- Climate Resilience via a People and Nature-Centred Approach - 15 September, 10:00-11:15 BST;
- Nature-Based Solutions for Enhanced Climate Resilience - 22 September, 10:00-11:15 BST;
- Engaging Supply Chain Stakeholders to Support Climate Resilience - 13 October, 10:00-11:00 BST
This series is supported by Slaughter and May.
17 September 09:00 - 10:00
Meet your peers and share challenges, ideas, and experiences in this informal and interactive morning session for members of the UN Global Compact Network UK. Topics covered during previous sessions include:
*Corporate reporting changes and what the future landscape looks like for sustainability reports;
*Employee Resource Groups/Networks;
*Work life in the post-COVID world;
*Setting measurable Diversity & Inclusion targets;
*ESG investment and attracting capital;
*Collecting ethnicity data in the UK.
If you are a member of the UK Network and would like to attend, please contact Caterina Agnoletti, Operations Manager.