Business & Human Rights Accelerator
The Business & Human Rights Accelerator is a six-month programme for companies participating in the UN Global Compact across industries and regions. It activates businesses to move from commitment to action on human rights through identifying salient impacts, establishing an ongoing due diligence process, and developing an actionable plan.
By joining, you will gain a clear understanding of where you are on your human rights journey, the ability to prioritise actions and implement grievance mechanisms and remedies, and an invaluable network of peers, partners, and experts to join forces with.
Additionally, you will learn how to:
- Identify your human rights and labour rights responsibilities, expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
- Establish an ongoing human rights due diligence process in line with international standards.
- Report and communicate your human rights due diligence journey enshrined in the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, including through the Communication on Progress and the annual public disclosure requirement for all UN Global Compact participants.
A certificate will be provided upon programme completion!
Who can participate?
Companies are required to be participants of the UN Global Compact or be willing to join.
Companies should also be:
- Willing to identify their human rights impacts and scope as a core area of their value chain for further focus
- Able to appoint two representatives to participate in Accelerator activities and peer-learning sessions and an executive-level representative to follow Accelerator developments, provide support and participate in high-level events
When can you register?
Applications open on 6 September 2023, and close on 15 December 2023. Places are limited, so we encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.
When is the Accelerator taking place?
The programme will begin in February 2024 and run until July 2024.
How much does it cost?
To register 2 participants from your organisation, the cost is £750 +VAT.
How can you register?
You can apply for the programme by clicking on the button below.