UN Global Compact: Driving towards the new business future
The United Nations Global Compact (UN Global Compact) welcomes participation from a diverse group of business and non-business stakeholders committed to advancing our Ten Principles and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
To participate in the UN Global Compact, an organisation must prepare a Letter of Commitment addressed to the UN Secretary-General and signed by the highest level executive (or equivalent) committing to implement the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact, take action in support of the SDGs, and report on their progress annually. Click here for more information on this process.
All UN Global Compact participating organisations are eligible to join the UN Global Compact Network UK (UK Network). Upon joining the UN Global Compact, membership in the UK Network is either automatically included or optional. Membership is automatically included and without any additional fees for:
- UK-headquartered businesses on the Participant Engagement Tier;
- UK-headquartered businesses on the Signatory Engagement Tier with greater than USD 50 million global annual turnover.
More information on the Engagement Tiers is available here.
HOW TO JOIN THE UN GLOBAL COMPACT NETWORK UK
Membership in the UK Network is optional and subject to a UK Network fee for:
- UK-headquartered businesses on the Signatory Engagement Tier with less than USD 50 million global annual turnover;
- UK-headquartered non-business organisations;
- UK subsidiaries. Please check our Subsidiary Policy for details on subsidiary engagement.