Nature Working Group
To support companies with material impacts on nature to discuss and work through ongoing challenges related to measuring, addressing, and disclosing their nature-related dependencies, impacts, risks, and opportunities. Topics covered in this group may include*:
- Assessing and quantifying nature-related issues across value chains: how companies can apply the latest guidance from the Taskforce for Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD) and the Science-based Targets Network (SBTN) to refine their understanding of nature-related risks, impacts, dependencies, and opportunities across their value chain, as well as the data collection methods/tools that can support companies with this.
- Setting targets: how companies can set SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely) targets to operationalise nature positive commitments and monitor progress in line with science and best practice.
- Implementing nature-based solutions: how companies can choose and scale nature-based solutions to address their impacts on nature, deliver net positive outcomes, and meet relevant regulatory requirements (e.g., Biodiversity Net Gain requirements in the UK).
- Integrating TNFD disclosure recommendations: how companies can integrate the TNFD disclosure recommendations into their reporting practices to produce robust nature-related disclosures.
- Advocacy: how companies can engage in effective advocacy to help tackle the systemic drivers of nature loss in the UK.
Eligibility and Fees
Working Group membership is open to UN Global Compact Network UK participants only and is subject to a £450+VAT fee per group. Spaces are limited for each group and participation is subject to approval of the UK Network.
*The topics above will be reviewed on an ad hoc basis and tailored to meet participants’ needs. Additional meetings may be scheduled where appropriate, based on demand.