The 10 Principles
The UN Global Compact asks companies to embrace, support and enact, within their sphere of influence, a set of core values in the areas of human rights, labour standards, the environment, and anti-corruption. These core values make up the Ten Principles of the UNGC.
• Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
• Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses. Read more...
• Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
• Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;•
Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour;and
• Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation. Read more...
• Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
• Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
• Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies. Read more...
• Principle 10: Businesses should work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery. Read more...