Climate Action Group
The UN Global Compact Network UK has launched a Climate Action Group to allow all members with an interest in climate to directly benefit from the activities of the Climate Action Programme. By joining the group, you will benefit from communications and climate-related programming exclusive to the group.
- Promote the wider purpose of the Climate Action Programme: support members to transition to a low-carbon economy by delivering a range of activities that will drive ambitious climate action;
- Raise awareness of GCN-UK’s work and activities on climate, as well as the Global Compact Organisation climate-related work, and the broader climate space through the dissemination of information;
- Provide a space for peer-learning to address common challenges, as well as to share learnings and good practices;
- Provide direction for the GCN-UK to help shape the Climate Action Programme;
- Enable GCN-UK to become a recognised voice in the responsible business and climate community.
You will receive direct information and regular updates on:
- the Climate Action Programmes’ activities including events, reports, and recordings;
- UN Global Compact climate-related work and activities through conversations with the global Secretariat; and
- relevant news and developments in the climate change space such as UK Government's COP26 plans.
You will also have opportunities to:
- access activities exclusive to the Climate Action Group such as Q&A surgeries and quarterly update calls;
- participate/collaborate in/on Global Compact Network activities such as, but not limited to, COP26;
- shape the direction, focus and activities of the Climate Action Programme;
- contribute to a unified business voice to influence climate policy;
- share, receive, and discuss good practices and learnings, as well as challenges faced with peers across various industry sectors;
- network with other participants of the Climate Action Group.
Any UN Global Compact Network UK member interested in climate and specifically the Climate Action Programme may join the group.
Members of the group are encouraged to:
- Attend the quarterly group calls;
- Attend monthly Q&A sessions with experts;
- Share information on their climate initiatives and any good practices (on a voluntary basis);
- Provide input to help shape the direction of the Climate Action Programmes’ activities;
- Contribute, as necessary, to a unified business voice. This may include inputting position and feedback papers/statements to influence climate policy.
If you would like to join the Climate Action Group or have any queries, please contact our Climate Action Programme Manager, Amy Collins.
Climate Action Group Quarterly Call
Exclusively for the Climate Action Group, GCN-UK will organise quarterly calls to share updates on the Climate Action Programme and GCO climate-related work, as well as to offer members the opportunity to share what they are doing on climate, and to provide feedback on the Climate Action Programme.
Join us for our first call to:
• Learn more about the UN Global Compact Network UK’s newly launched Climate Action Group;
• Hear about our upcoming activities and plans such as for COP26, and opportunities for your company to engage and participate;
• Discuss the climate and environmental work of the UN Global Compact;
• Have the opportunity to shape the direction, focus and activities of the UN Global Compact Network UKs’ climate programming.
14 October, 15:30 - 16:30 GMT
Register for this event here.
*Please note that this event is for UN Global Compact Network UK Members only.