We’re hiring a Project Manager to join our Global Goals team.
UN Global Compact Network UK Team: Global Goals
Salary: £24K - £30K per annum depending on experience
Location: London (Clerkenwell)
Application deadline: 23:59, 26th Sep 2021 BST
The UN Global Compact Network UK is part of the world’s largest responsible business initiative connecting UK companies and other organisations in a global movement dedicated to driving sustainable growth. Through an extensive programme of activity, we promote practical sustainability leadership, share knowledge across sectors, and actively shape the responsible business environment to create a world we want to live and do business in.
The United Nations Global Compact’s universally recognised Principles, rooted in UN treaties, provide a robust foundation from which we lead UK business action on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We use our power to convene business and other organisations to find practical solutions to global challenges.
Our strategic plan has three pillars:
- Inspiring business ambition to deliver the Global Goals
- Enabling practical action for sustainable business growth
- Shaping a responsible business environment
The UK Network Secretariat is guided by the core values of the UN – Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for Diversity – and nine additional values and behaviours of the UN Global Compact. Find out more here: https://www.unglobalcompact.org/about/the-un-global-compact-way.
We are also a Living Wage Employer: https://www.livingwage.org.uk/
The UN Global Compact Network UK is recruiting a Project Manager to support its work driving corporate action on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This position is a great opportunity for individuals wanting to develop their career in the field of corporate responsibility and sustainable development.
The Project Manager will contribute to a programme of activity to engage Network members in the Global Goals and will report directly to the Global Goals Programme Manager.
The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering projects including webinar series, interactive workshops, and the Making Global Goals Local Business Roadshow, and may also lead on working groups and global impact initiatives.
- Planning and delivering events and activities, including designing agendas, recruiting speakers, and managing logistics;
- Establishing and managing partnerships with key external stakeholders;
- Facilitating workshops and managing online platforms; supporting participants and Network members;
- Executing marketing plans, including writing content for external communications;
- Conducting research, feedback surveys, and event analysis; producing resources and reports on project activities.
The Project Manager will also be expected to contribute to the generation of ideas for new projects for the Global Goals Programme and more generally in the Network.
The UN Global Compact Network UK has a very broad remit, but the Network Secretariat team is small, so the Global Goals Project Manager may have opportunities to support or collaborate on other activities from time to time
- A demonstrable knowledge of the UN Global Compact, the Global Goals, and the responsible business agenda more generally;
- Strong project management and organisational skills;
- Experience of planning events, both in-person and virtual;
- Sound communication skills (both written and oral), including comfort with public speaking and experience of using social media platforms;
- Ability to initiate partnerships and maintain positive relations with Network members and other stakeholders;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications (particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
This is a full-time position based at the UN Global Compact Network UK's office in Clerkenwell, London. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the position will start remotely until it is safe to return to the office.
Please note that while this role is within the UN Global Compact Network UK Secretariat, the successful candidate will not be formally employed by the United Nations.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Applications from those who do not have the right to work in the UK will not be considered.
Applications close 23:59, Sunday 26th September 2021.
To apply, click here.